Running Facebook ad campaigns for your E-Commerce store? How’s that going for you?
If you’re wondering what campaigns you should be running, then today’s post will help you set-up a strategy that is sure to convert more sales for your business.
Now, before you start running any ads, it is important to be sure of a few things:
- Your Facebook Pixel is installed on your website
- You have set-up custom conversions for your ads
- You know your conversion rates and goal cost per acquisition
These are just a few of the tips I give to e-commerce advertisers in my training and coaching programs. The number of online businesses who are still missing a massive opportunity to sell on Facebook is mind boggling. My other tip is to make sure you have a product that is hot and you know will sell well to a targeted audiences. Product always comes before sales and if you get that right, you’re off to a great start.
Preparing for your Campaigns
Preparing your assets for you campaigns is essential. I always recommend that you focus on planning your creatives, copy and audiences before you start running the campaigns. If you do this, the actual set-up will be straight forward.
Creatives that I see doing really well right now are all designed for mobile and do a great job at showing off products. If you can get good photography of people having a positive experience with what you are selling. Add a sprinkle of testimonials to your copy and you can get great results on your level 1 campaigns. I’ll talk more about these in a while.
The other thing that works super well optimising images for mobile using 715 x 476 sizing in your images. 90% of the conversions that I’m running in my campaigns are coming from mobile now. That is a big number so creating images that look good on devices is key 🙂
- Professional photographs in all sizes for placement on mobile
- Saved Audiences in the Ads Manager
- That your website is GDPR compliant
- That the links on your site are mobile friendly
- You are running an offer to your audiences for first time buyers : this can be a % discount or Free Shipping for example
Campaigns that sell
If you have been reading my content for long enough at this stag you will know that warm audiences convert at a higher rate than cold audiences. I may be preaching to the choir here but it’s true, you have to start by building your audience and for e-commerce I have three main strategies that I like to use
- Traffic. Good old fashioned traffic at the top pf the funnel. I usually optimise for landing page views and use a number of audiences from friends of fans, broad demographic targeting and lookalike audiences from success pages and lists
- Post Engagement. Oh, I am loving this one at the moment. I create weekly posts with products on them and ask customers to vote for the favourite product. This gives me some feedback on the best products and then I have an audience of people that I can retarget later. Don’t forget you can leverage video and LIVE broadcasts for this too
- Add to Cart: This one is working REALLY well for me on colder audiences and moves my audience down the funnel
- Retargeting for traffic and video views: Actually retargeting warm audiences on different placements like stories and carousel for traffic warms people up even more and by the time they get to the final step I am seeing that the cost per conversion across the board has dropped – pro tip make sure to use exclusions in your ads so you don’t compete with yourself 🙂
- Dynamic retargeting. Ah the holy grail of E-commerce advertising on Facebook and so effective. This is where the magic happens and I always make sure to exclude the people who have purchased most recently so as not to annoy them 🙂
There you have it. 5 Ad campaigns that sell more products for E-Commerce sites. Don’t forget before you go and try these that you need to set a budget and understand your goal cost per acquisition, not to mention the conversion rate of your website. These will be essential when you are working out your budget.
Need more help? Contact me for a full management quote today: [email protected]